List:       dbi-dev
Subject:    RE: RTFM fpr newbie
From:       Russell Green <RGreen () pavonis ! com>
Date:       1999-09-30 16:12:57

    *** From dbi-users -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***

Hi.

I have to ask, have you really read through the manual?

perldoc DBI.

Scroll down to "Outline Usage"; if you have anything close to the current
DBI then its in there.  That's the section to which Tim referred you.

Then, read the section called SYNOPSIS.  Pay particular attention to places
where you see the word "bind", as in "bind_columns", or "bind_col", or
"bind_param".  Read the specific text related to these entries.

If I were making a recommendation to somebody starting with DBI, I'd say
read the DBI documentation from start to finish, make a few real attempts to
make it work, and then post if you really can't get something to work.

Have to agree with Tim on this, unless something unexpected has happened to
your DBI manual.