List:       dbi-dev
Subject:    problem in accessing the sql6.5
From:       Rajesh Mittal <mits () jimin ! com>
Date:       1998-11-29 18:59:40

    *** From dbi-users -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***

Hi

I am using Linux as client machine and Nt as Backend Database i.e sql
server6.5. Now I wanted to connect to database through a perl program
running on linux.
The followinf problem are coming ::

1) Unable to compile the DBD:ODBC 0.20 package it says no DBDXSI.h file or
   directory exists. and It also doesn't found the -lodbc library also.

2) I have compiled the openlink database access driver suite . It gives me
   iodbc-2.12.so. in /root/
        How this library is going to be used.

3) I have downloaded the NTADMIN package (i.e Request Broker Package) and
I have installed and configured that. But How to use it through Linux.

4) Can anybody send me a sample program showing how to connect to sql
server6.5 from perl script on Linux.

If anybody can help me , Please email at The Below address.
Thnks in advance

 _          _    _       _    _	     _   _         _
| |	   | |  | | \   | |  | |    | | \  \     /  /
| |	   | |  | |\ \  | |  | |    | |   \  \  /  /
| |	   | |  | | \ \ | |  | |    | |    >  ><  <

Rajesh Mittal
mits@jimin.com
mits@india.infogain.com
Tel. No. - 91-11-7213007

Linux is Evolution , To Me Evolution is Growth, Maturity

If you are without web access, or if you are having trouble with the web page,
please send mail to dbi-request@fugue.com.   Please try to use the web
page first - it will take a long time for your request to be processed by hand.