List:       dbi-dev
Subject:    Re: Problems with DBD::ODBC and Authentication
From:       David Edwards <edwardsd () deev ! com>
Date:       1998-11-28 22:53:27

    *** From dbi-users -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***

Hello Daniel,

I've been lurking around for 9 months or so :-)

Finally think I can actually help somebody.

Go to the Microsoft site and search their knowledge base on IIS and
authentication.  You will find an article explaining that if you use NT
authentication for IIS then you can't use a trusted connected from IIS to
SQL Server6.5.  You have to use a different authentication method to
connect to SQL server.  You may wish to also consider using an alernate
form of authentication on IIS - depending on your application this may or
may not be an option for you.

I know we had this problem at work.   Search the Microsoft Knowledge
Base.  I may have explained it a bit wrong but your problem is
essentially what I am trying to describe for you.

Cheers

/david/