List:       dbi-dev
Subject:    DBI Data Browser example code
From:       Phlip C Plumlee <phlip () tegan ! deltanet ! com>
Date:       1998-11-27 20:25:38

    *** From dbi-users -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***

DBI Users

When building Web pages one is constantly copying SELECT statements out of
debug traces and into test programs that run one statement and check the
result. Visual Interdev solves this need with a built-in data browser. Here's
(slow but light) html pages documenting the equivalent for Real Computers:

	http://tegan.deltanet.com/~phlip/DBUIframe.html

It has a short To Do list, but the topmost item is the Schema. I cannot get
that working against my (only) data provider, mSQL.

Mentor-like tips about the remaining PERL welcome. Debuggery or a functioning
counter-example on the 'table_info' method needed. I'm aware this might be a
mSQL or DBB::mSQL insect, but the Schema panel was the one I had the biggest
hopes for.

  --  Phlip
  --  All sensors report Patti having a very good time  --

If you are without web access, or if you are having trouble with the web page,
please send mail to dbi-request@fugue.com.   Please try to use the web
page first - it will take a long time for your request to be processed by hand.