List:       dbi-dev
Subject:    Re: (Fwd) DBI / WinNT and a C compiler
From:       "Michael A. Chase" <mchase () ix ! netcom ! com>
Date:       1998-11-26 14:18:23

    *** From dbi-users -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***

In general, you do need the same C compiler to build DBI and DBD::Oracle as
was used to build your perl.exe.  For WinNT, the most commonly used
compilers are Borland C++ or Visual C++.  If you have the compiler, you're
probably better off building your own perl locally and then using the same
compiler to add modules that need to have parts compiled.

There is also a binary version distributed by ActiveState
(www.activestate.com).  With it you install additional packages using their
pre-built modules which are available at the same site.  No compiler is
required.

--
Mac :})