List:       dbi-dev
Subject:    RE: Windows 95 problems
From:       "Jeff Urlwin" <jurlwin () access ! digex ! net>
Date:       1998-06-30 13:00:29

    *** From dbi-dev -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***

I definitely need more info on what you've done to help.  Which "perl" did
you use?  Did you build it?  Did you download the binary?  How did you build
DBI/DBD::Oracle?

Did you run "make" install for DBI?
Did you run "make" install for DBD::Oracle?
Do you have oracle in your path?
Do you have OCIW32.DLL in your path?

Etc

Jeff

--------------------------
Jeff Urlwin
jurlwin@access.digex.net
http://www.access.digex.net/~jurlwin/

>         I am having a problem installing the following together
>
> Windows 95
> Personal Oracle 7
> Microsoft Personal Web Server
> perl 5.004
> DBD-Oracle-0.47
> DBI-0.90
>
>         It gives me the error can't find
>
> /blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.dll
>
>         when I try to run the DBD-Oracle-0.47 test.pl program.  The
> DBI-0.90 test.pl program works fine though.  If more information is
> needed, please let me know.  I haven't subscribed to this mailing list
> yet, so please CC my account also.  Thanks in advance.

If you are without web access, or if you are having trouble with the web page,
please send mail to dbi-request@fugue.com.   Please try to use the web
page first - it will take a long time for your request to be processed by hand.