List:       dbi-dev
Subject:    Re: Adabas drivers
From:       Jochen Wiedmann <joe () ispsoft ! de>
Date:       1998-01-30 20:09:16

    *** From dbi-dev -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***

Kent S. Gordon wrote:

> I note in v 1.84 of the DBI.pm file, that there is not an entry for
> Abadas-D in the "Known Driver Modules" section.  I've checked the FAQ
> and the Web page, which says I should therefore assume no one is
> working on it.  But I must ask: Is someone known to be working on one?
> (Just checking as the Web page hasn't been updated in 4 months
> according to the timestamp.)

Adabas works fine with DBD::ODBC. You only need some minor changes
in Makefile.PL to compile DBD::ODBC with the Adabas libraries and headers.
These patches have been posted and sent to Tim Bunce, the
DBD:ODBC maintainer and hopefully they will be included in the
release.

I don't have the patches available here, please contact me directly,
so I'll send them at the weekend.

Bye,

Jochen

--
Jochen Wiedmann					joe@ispsoft.de
						07123 14887

If you are without web access, or if you are having trouble with the web page,
please send mail to dbi-request@fugue.com.   Please try to use the web
page first - it will take a long time for your request to be processed by hand.