List:       dbi-dev
Subject:    Re: Error -904 when selecting without result
From:       Michael Peppler <mpeppler () peppler ! org>
Date:       2002-01-28 17:54:54

H.Merijn Brand writes:
 > On Mon 28 Jan 2002 17:27, Michael Peppler <mpeppler@peppler.org> wrote:
 > > A couple of things:
 > >
 > > First, although Sybase does ship the libraries in 64 bit mode there
 > > should normally also be a 32 bit version on the CD.
 > >
 > > Second - DBD::Sybase 0.94 won't build in 64 bit mode. However, try
 > > 0.94_01, which you can get from http://www.peppler.org/downloads,
 > > where I've applied the same fixes that enable sybperl
 > > (i.e. Sybase::CTlib and friends) to build in 64bit mode. Specifically
 > > Sybase has named all the 64bit libraries libxxx64.so, so the list of
 > > libraries need to be fixed, and a new -D flag needs to be included
 > > during the compile.
 >
 > Let Sybase be an example to the rest of Database developing companies!
 >
 > BTW Does Sybase in 32bit mode support 64bit-numeric fields in the database?
 >     (Just curious)
 >     Are databases created with a 64bit Sybase maintainable with 32bit Sybase?

The client side can be either 32 or 64 bit - makes no difference.

The internal datatypes used by the 32 and 64 bit Sybase *server* are
all the same - the only real advantage of the 64bit version of the
server is larger address space - the 2 or 4 GB limit of most 32bit
OSes is starting to be a real limitation for many servers.

Michael