List:       dav-dev
Subject:    Re: [dav-dev] Why is LimitXMLRequestBody not DAVLimitXMLRequestBo dy?
From:       Greg Stein <gstein () lyra ! org>
Date:       2000-08-29 23:36:16

On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 05:43:15PM -0400, Vasta, John wrote:
> > I'm not sure how you do the multiple modules, but my hope was
> > that the "DAV"
> > directive would take a friendly-name for a backend rather
> > than On/Off. (for
> > backwards compat: On would imply the default). mod_dav itself
> > would have a
> > single instance, thus a single set of directives and
> > directive handling.
>
> I haven't implemented multiple backends in a single instance of mod_dav,
> just a quick way to generate variants of mod_dav, with different backends
> built in, and be able to load more than one of them into the same server.
>
> So one could generate a variant of mod_dav, called "MyDAV", let's say. Its
> module name would be "mydav_module", and it would recognize directives like
> "MyDAV", "MyDAVLockDB", "MyDAVMinTimeout", etc.

That is what I had figured. It would be nicer if mod_dav could load modules
rather than fall back on compile-based variants. But I recognize that is a
good delta of work :-)

I presume the addition of "My" is just a few lines of change in the command
table? If so, then it isn't a big deal to add support for your variant
scheme.

> If I put these changes in now, you can just remove the LimitXMLRequestBody
> directive when you merge to Apache V2, right?

Sure.

Cheers,
-g

--