List:       dav-dev
Subject:    [dav-dev] Parameterizing mod_dav's name
From:       "Vasta, John" <jvasta () rational ! com>
Date:       2000-08-25 15:05:07

I've made a set of changes to allow mod_dav's externally visible names (e.g.
the dav_module symbol, or the "DAV" directive) to be parameterized at
compile time. This allows me to generate a custom version of mod_dav which
can coexist with the default version in the same server. Since it seems that
there won't be a way to dynamically load repository providers any time in
the near future, are the any objections to putting in such changes? (Even
after dynamic loading is available, I think it would still be useful to
generate mod_dav variants which can coexist with each other.)

The changes involve recasting externally-visible things which begin with
"dav" or "DAV" as macros.

John