List:       dav-dev
Subject:    Re: [dav-dev] Command failed with rc=16711680
From:       Joe Orton <joe () orton ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       2000-08-02 8:40:56

On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 12:01:07AM -0300, Roberto Nakai wrote:
> apxs:Break: Command failed with rc=16711680
> make: *** [libdav.so] Error 1

This is explained in INSTALL:

        Note: if using APXS and your Apache installation does not
        support loadable modules, then APXS will terminate with
        an error. Typically, we have seen the following error
        when this happens:

     apxs:Break: Command failed with rc=16711680

        If this happens, then you will need to rebuild and
        reinstall your Apache software with the mod_so module
        included. Note the reinstall part -- we've seen several
        cases where a new Apache was built and installed, but a
        new APXS was not (so the problems continued).

and there is a PHP FAQ entry at:

http://www.php.net/FAQ.php#6.11