List:       dav-dev
Subject:    [dav-dev] OSX webdav_fs,
From:       Reto Kramer <kramer () acm ! org>
Date:       2005-07-26 21:10:50

I'm writing a special purpose webdav server. The information that the
"files" on this special webdav server represent changes quickly (i.e.
faster than once a minute). Thus I am looking for a way to disable
the client side file caching that the OSX webdav_fs performs (the 1
min timeout on the cache entries). This applies to both content as
well as directory structure.

Is there a http header I can use to prevent the file content caching
that is actually honored by OSX's webdav_fs module?

On OSX 10.3.9 and 10.4.2 I tried to use the http layer 'Expires'
header when I return the GET method to no effect. The same goes for
the proxy type 'no cache' etc. pragmas.  I've searched the web-dav
mailing list, but could not find a discussion on this topic.

Thanks,
- Reto