List:       dav-dev
Subject:    RE: [dav-dev] Disparition of a file...
From:       "Bennett, Tony - CNF" <Bennett.Tony () cnf ! com>
Date:       2002-11-27 0:26:54

I can't speak for Greg, but assuming
normal file system operation, once you
open a file (with truncate), if you have
an error before you finish writing to the file,
then it is corrupted.

So it appears there are three options:
  - Save an copy of an existing file, which
    will be restored in the event of error
    and deleted in the event of no error
  - Leave the file as-is when the error
    occurs (i.e. corrupted)
  - Delete the file.

None of the options are particularly pleasing.

-tony