List:       dart
Subject:    [Dart] anyone using Mercurial or Darcs?
From:       "Brandon Van Every" <bvanevery () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-06-08 22:01:23

More revision control systems I'm interested in.  Mercurial because
Mozilla has converted to it, and I'm trying to negotiate a contract to
re-do their build system in CMake.  Darcs because we use it for
Chicken Scheme.  Both are distributed revision control systems, i.e.
there is no centralized notion of a server.  Every local repository is
a fully working repository, and patches are pushed / pulled between
peers.

Both Mercurial and Darcs are open source.  Darcs has really proven its
value to us in an open source context.  Typically we can have multiple
people banging on a similar area of code, and Darcs just magically
figures it all out.  We can work past each other, as it were, and this
is usually a big benefit.

http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/
http://darcs.net/

Cheers,