List:       dart
Subject:    Re: [Dart] Perforce
From:       "Brandon Van Every" <bvanevery () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-06-07 17:12:57

On 6/7/07, Blezek, Daniel J (GE, Research) <blezek@crd.ge.com> wrote:
> Mike, Brandon,
>
>   Do you guys use the TCL based Dart, or the new Java Dart2?

I would use whatever has been proven to work in the real world.  This
is about whether I could recommend CMake+Dart to a Perforce shop.  Any
Dart would do.

>   I'm guessing you mean having Dart point to web based repository
> browsers when you say "get dart to interface with perforce in the way it
> does with cvs"?  Is there such a system?  Dart generally will display a
> URL that it constructs from some base name in Project.xml and the data
> sent by CTest.  I'd be happy to revamp that part of Dart2 if you can
> provide some pointers on how you'd like it to look.

I haven't really worked with Dart.  I guess it's about time I start,
since it keeps coming up as part of my build engineering sales pitch.
Perforce is not the only revision control system I'm interested in
either.  For Chicken Scheme we use Darcs, and the Mozilla people are
using Mercurial.  I think I'll set up all 3 and see if I can make 'em
dance.  :-)

>   BTW: the main reason there is no perforce support is that our internal
> development is based on CVS (for small projects) or ClearCase (for the
> really big ones).  I have no way of developing/testing using perforce.
> Perhaps if we can get things started, I'll see if there is a 30 day demo
> to polish things off.

You can grab the unlimited 2 person demo.
http://www.perforce.com/perforce/evaldemo.html
"The unlicensed server supports two users with five client workspaces
and does not expire. If you need more than 2 users or 5 workspaces for
your testing, we can provide you with an evaluation license (PDF) good
for 45 days for any number of users and unlimited workspaces."

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every