List:       dart
Subject:    Re: [Dart] problem with Dart - unprintable
From:       Amitha Perera <perera () cs ! rpi ! edu>
Date:       2002-08-06 13:38:25

On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 10:14:24AM +0100, Ian Scott wrote:
[ on the topic of Dart and unprintable characters ]
> The other question, is why this hasn't affected the vxl dashboard,
> since the file is being sent there as well.

I'm not sure if this is a from a recent submission or not, but a while
ago, there were similar issues with the vxl dashboard. The question of
escaping the non-XML characters has been discussed before on the Dart
mailing list:

http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/dart/2002-April/000402.html
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/dart/2002-January/000161.html
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/dart/2002-January/000186.html

The conclusion seems to have been: "it's too hard to do
portably/efficiently".

For the vxl dashboard, I went and replaced the offending characters by
hand, and re-ran the dashboard routines.

Amitha.