List:       darcs-users
Subject:    [darcs-users] darcs hacking sprints (9 Mar, Argentina; 30 Mar-1 Apr, UK)
From:       Eric Kow <kowey () darcs ! net>
Date:       2012-02-20 12:43:40

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi everybody,

We'll be hosting a couple of Darcs hacking sprints in the beginning and end of March.

http://wiki.darcs.net/Sprints/2012-03

The first will be on Friday, the 9th of March, in Córdoba, Argentina.  Guillaume \
Hoffmann will be helping new developers to get started with Darcs hacking on some \
starter tasks.

The second will be from Friday to Sunday 30 March to 1 April, in Southampton, UK.  \
I'll be there, along with Owen Stephens from our 2011 GSoC project and hopefully some \
other denizens of the #darcs IRC channel :-)  In the UK sprint, you can take part in \
planning the 2012 Google Summer of Code and help us to flesh out a strategy for \
getting from here to Darcs 3.  Some of us are even planning to work on prototypes for \
some proposed new conflict management ideas, so it should be fun.

Sprints are for anybody who wants to help out with Darcs development in any way, and \
if you're not already a seasoned Darcs developer, they are a great chance to get your \
feet wet with the project.  We do have a travel fund to help you get to the sprint \
(please let us know in advance so that we can budget accordingly.)

Finally, if you can't make it to the sprint or join us online, you can also help by \
donating to the project so that other people can travel.

http://darcs.net/donations.html

Thanks, all!

--
Eric Kow <http://erickow.com>