List:       darcs-users
Subject:    Re: [darcs-users] Need help with darcs conversion tool
From:       Miklos Vajna <vmiklos () frugalware ! org>
Date:       2008-06-29 15:32:08

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 10:30:58AM +1000, James Sadler <freshtonic@gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried this a few months ago.  I cannot remember *why* it didn't work
> for me unfortunately.
> Have there been any updates to it in the last 2-3 months?  If so, I'll
> try it again.

No, there were no updates.

Sorry, I did not remember your name. (And thus not remembered I already
pointed it out, otherwise I would not advertise it twice. ;) )

> And I've also tried this one.  The problem I have found is that any
> darcs conversion
> tool that relies on invoking darcs itself to do the conversion always
> hits the exponential time/space
> bug and fails after a few hours when all of my memory (4GB) and all of
> my swap (8GB) is
> exhausted.

Ah, I see. Maybe you can search back the archives, there was a tool that
acted like patch(1), but with darcs patches. It was in python, IIRC so
it may not be useful for you. I also don't remember if it handled
conflict resolutions at all, and I guess that's where your code fails as
well. ;-)