List:       darcs-users
Subject:    [darcs-users] Re: Darcs hanging on diffing dir ... 100% CPU can't
From:       Graham Wilson <graham () mknod ! org>
Date:       2006-08-15 23:28:47

On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 02:48:43PM -0700, John Clayton wrote:
> I'm having an issue where a repository where I can't push or pull
> from distributed copies to the master repo. Darcs gets to "Diffing
> dir .." and hangs using as much CPU as it can. One of the client
> machines is running Mac OS X Tiger intel. The master is on Mac OS X
> Tiger Server, PPC. Both are version 1.0.5.
>
> I've tried unrecording patches from both the master and the remote
> copies. I also ran repair on both repos, both of which were damaged
> but were successfully fixed.  What's the worst case scenario for
> fixing this?  Start a new repo and get as much of the current state
> in there as possible?

I've run into the same issue with a very small repository that I work
with and I believe it's the issue where conflicts can cause darcs to
spin for what seems like forever [1], though I haven't done an extensive
analysis to see if that is certainly the problem.

Is anybody working on this issue? Does it seem like it'll be difficult
to fix?

[1] http://www.darcs.net/DarcsWiki/ConflictMisery

--
gram