List:       darcs-users
Subject:    Re: [darcs-users] Re: darcs 1.0.6rc1 release
From:       Tommy Pettersson <ptp () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2006-02-26 18:14:23

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 07:05:39PM +0100, Marnix Klooster wrote:
> First, I used http://darcs.net/darcs-1.0.6rc1.tar.gz for this test.  File
> Context.hs in this tar ball says that this contains the version with tag
> 1.0.6rc1 (created by Tommy).  However, this tag is not in the stable darcs
> repo, nor in darcs-unstable.

Hm, the tag do is in the stable repo and I could 'darcs get
--tag 1.0.6rc1 http:...' from it.

> pull......................ok
>         1/19 unexpectedly succeeded
>
> If you want me to dig deeper into that, let me know.

Yes please. It's probably nothing important, but if you could
tell which of the TODO tests that succeeds that would be
interesting to know.

> Warning: orphan instances:
>   instance Test.QuickCheck.Arbitrary GHC.Base.Char = $fArbitraryChar
[...]

No idea here. I get no such warnings with ghc 6.2 / gcc 3.3.5.

> Fourth, the last thing "make check" does is "ghc ... -o unit ..."; it does not
> actually *execute* this ./unit executable.  (Suggestion: Remove 'unit' from the
> dependencies of 'test' and 'check', and instead print a message there that says
> (after performing all the Perl tests) "do 'make test_unit' to perform a number
> of slower tests".)

I'll just remove the dependency on uit.

> Fifth, when running ./unit, a number of QuickCheck tests don't seem to actually
> test anything:

Yes, it's a bit boring to have to wait for them. I think they
will kick in automatically as the new conflictors are turned on,
but actually I don't know for sure what they do.

--
Tommy Pettersson <ptp@lysator.liu.se>