List:       darcs-users
Subject:    [darcs-users] [solved] [q] ignore-ssl
From:       Matthias Fischmann <fis () wiwi ! hu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2006-02-17 11:32:05

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

ok, that was ugly but doable: libcurl doesn't say much about where it
is looking for certificates, nor does strace when run on darcs, but
the file

 /usr/share/curl/curl-ca-bundle.crt

can be enriched with self-signed certificates that will then be
accepted by darcs as valid.  (if anybody has a better way to do this,
i'd still be curious, though.)

thanks,
m.

On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 06:13:36PM +0100, Matthias Fischmann wrote:
> To: darcs-users@darcs.net
> From: Matthias Fischmann <fis@wiwi.hu-berlin.de>
> Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 18:13:36 +0100
> Subject: [darcs-users] [q] ignore-ssl
>

> hi all,
>
> I am using darcs 1.0.3 (ubuntu breezy).  When I do a
>
>   darcs get https://...
>
> certificate validation fails (although the error message is somewhat
> misleading).  I know there are ways on the libcurl-level to disable
> this, but how do I do it for darcs?
>
> Alternatively, assuming I have the self-signed server certificate and
> I create a CA-certificate with which I can sign it -- where do I have
> to put all the pem files for darcs/libcurl to use them?
>
> thanks a lot,
> matthias

Institute of Information Systems, Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin

web:      http://www.wiwi.hu-berlin.de/~fis/
e-mail:   fis@wiwi.hu-berlin.de
tel:      +49 30 2093-5742
fax:      +49 30 2093-5741
office:   Spandauer Strasse 1, R.324, 10178 Berlin, Germany