List:       darcs-users
Subject:    [darcs-users] Tips & Tricks question
From:       Daniel Carrera <daniel.carrera () zmsl ! com>
Date:       2005-11-29 16:21:41

Hello,

I'm reading through the Tips & Tricks, and I found this one:

http://darcs.net/DarcsWiki/HintsAndTips#head-7dee93a36c5c3c1acbc8cbefb2a1d30669b52bd1

<quote>
When working on a project, even a one-person project, you should not
work in the repository itself, but in a copy thereof. This will allow
you to quickly switch to older versions (by using unpull and pull)
whenever you need to... With darcs, I might be tempted to just set up a
single repository ~/hello-world/. If I do that, there is no way I can go
backwards in time without actually losing my changes.
</quote>

I don't understand why I should have two repositories for a one person
project. If I ever want to go backwards in time without losing my
changes, I can just make a copy of the repository then. I can always
make a new branch and unrecord patches from one of them.

Am I missing something?

(of course, technically I have a second repo because I have a cron job
that makes daily backups, but that's different).

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
      /\/`) http://oooauthors.org