List:       darcs-users
Subject:    Re: [darcs-users] Retrieving a specific "version" of a file
From:       Tommy Pettersson <ptp () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2005-04-02 19:40:18

On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 11:07:03AM -0800, Steven E. Harris wrote:
> Sometimes I need to get a copy of a controlled file as of some
> previous version or patch, either for the purposes of diffing in a
> separate tool or even just to keep around for some copy-and-paste
> fodder.
[...]
> Is there an equivalent recipe for darcs?

No.  :-)

If you are in a working repo and all patches are safely
stored in some main repo, unpull the patches you don't want
(you can pull them back later).

Otherwise make a temp repo (darcs get . _tmp) and unpull the
unwanted patches there (or pull them back from there if you
want to unpull them in the current repo).

I also think `darcs annotate --patch foo' can produce something
vaguely resembling what you want.

--
Tommy Pettersson <ptp@lysator.liu.se>