List:       darcs-users
Subject:    Re: [darcs-users] How to resolve merge conflicts without GUI?
From:       Thomas Zander <TZander () factotummedia ! nl>
Date:       2005-01-26 17:40:49

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 09:12:14AM -0800, Alexey N. Solofnenko wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  There are examples how to use kdiff3 to resolve conflicts. I looked at
> the file with a conflict and I did not see any CVS type comments inside.
> How can I see what was the problem? Is it possible to resolve conflicts
> with just console applications?

Darcs prints different tags to mark the conflicts;  I'm not sure why.
Darcs uses   '^ ^ ^', '****' and another one I don't remember right now.

Perhaps you can write a little sed script to replace these with the cvs
style markers and try kdiff3 on it..

I would also like to know why different markers were chosen; they are
much more annoying to type in a search then the >>> or <<< from cvs...
--
Thomas Zander