List:       darcs-users
Subject:    Re: [darcs-users] Re: Onto which other patches does a patch depend?
From:       Erik_Bågfors <zindar () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-01-07 12:45:04

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 07:17:02 -0500, David Roundy <droundy@abridgegame.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 06:04:02PM +0100, Erik Bgfors wrote:
> > Without "darcs rollback" it's hard to do the same thing in darcs since
> > it's hard to "check out earlier version". The only way I know of is get
> > to a new repo than darcs unpull until you are there.
>
> There's darcs get --to-patch foo

Yes, I was unclear... the problem is that in cvs it simple to check
out an earlier version in your working dir. In darcs you need to
"check out" a new repo.

I like darcs rollback alot and think that without it, it will be
harder in darcs than in cvs to "undo" something.

In general what's so cool with darcs is that it can do so much more
than cvs and is still even simpler to use than cvs (try using branches
in cvs and compare to darcs :) ).

I won't even talk about tla which I never learned how to use even
after going through a  long tutorial.  So to keep "undo" functinallity
and still be a simple-to-use SCM system we need rollback I think...

But that's just what I think.... feel free to say I'm wrong :)

Regards,
Erik