List:       darcs-users
Subject:    Re: [darcs-users] tag name listing
From:       David Roundy <droundy () abridgegame ! org>
Date:       2003-12-23 15:38:43

On Mon, Dec 22, 2003 at 06:26:19PM +0100, Matias Hermanrud Fjeld wrote:
> Hello.

Hello!

> How do i print the current tag name of a repository?

I suspect you may have a misunderstanding of what a tag is in darcs... I'm
not sure what you mean by the "current" tag name of the repository.  In
darcs, a tag is just a name given to a particular version of the tree, so
there's no reason that the current version should correspond to a tag.

To see the most *recent* tag, you can run

darcs changes | grep tagged

If you pipe changes through more instead, you can also see what changes
have been made since the last tag.
--=20
David Roundy
http://www.abridgegame.org