List:       darcs-devel
Subject:    Re: [darcs-devel] [issue1819] pull --dont-allow-conflicts doesn't
From:       Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh () earth ! li>
Date:       2010-04-27 20:27:49

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010, Eric Kow wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 23:42:24 +0100, Ganesh Sittampalam wrote:
>> I agree that the interactions are confusing and inconsistent and that you
>> need a way to be able to disable options from the defaults etc. This was
>> discussed during the --skip-conflicts thread late last year, but noone
>> has done much about it since. (Though I thought someone did at least add
>> negative versions of all existing options, but I could be
>> misremembering.)
>
> Florent added a lot of --no-foo flags.  It seems like we need a
> --no-external-merge flag along that vein of work.
>
> Related bugs:
> - http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1457
> - http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1550
>
> Aside from implementing --no-external-merge, do we need to do anything
> else in particular?

I'm not sure if last option currently wins (with defaults coming before
the command-line). If it doesn't, it should.

There's also been some discussion about cleaning up the conflict-allowing
options, in this thread:

http://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/darcs-users/2009-October/021664.html

I don't really know the right answer so am not inclined to do anything in
a rush, but it should be kept in mind when looking at this area.