List:       darcs-devel
Subject:    [darcs-devel] [issue1768] Add "darcs show patch filename" command
From:       Eric Kow <bugs () darcs ! net>
Date:       2010-03-26 15:22:56

Eric Kow <kowey@darcs.net> added the comment:

Steve Keuschel was working on this during the 2010-03 sprint.  We went
through several iterations of the UI.  On Sunday, I finally suggested
that maybe it makes sense to put it in darcs changes --xml after all (so
hash="PATCHINFO-HASH" filehash="FILEHASH).

In the past I had argued against doing this, but what made me changed my
mind is the fact that we show the patch contents, which change during
commutation anyway.  So I now consider this to be a duplicate of the
previously wont-fixed issue859

status: need-implementation -> duplicate
superseder: +wish: mechanism for 3rd party tools to get patch file name (hashed repositories; file hash)