List:       darcs-devel
Subject:    [darcs-devel] Building darcs 1.0.9 on PPC with ghc 6.8.1
From:       Jeremy Hinegardner <jeremy () hinegardner ! org>
Date:       2007-11-30 20:53:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi all,

I help maintain the darcs RPM for Fedora and we seem to have encountered
a interesting bug.  I'm not sure if it is in the darcs build process or
part of GHC.

In the development branch of Fedora the ghc version is currently 6.8.1
and stock darcs 1.0.9 does not build with ghc 6.8.1.  I have applied the
unstable patches from http://bugs.darcs.net/issue544 to address this and
darcs builds just fine and all tests succeed on i386.

But when we look at the PPC build, it builds fine but the tests start
failing.  You can see the full build log here:

    http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=266871&name=build.log

I do not know if this is a failure on my part, or a darcs bug or a GHC
issue or if it is something else.  I could use a bit of advice, and I'll
be happy to put this in the bug tracker if it is a darcs issue.

enjoy,

-jeremy