List:       darcs-devel
Subject:    Re: [darcs-devel] More SSH control master debugging
From:       "Alexander Staubo" <alex () purefiction ! net>
Date:       2007-11-04 19:44:39

I have been looking at whether Leopard does anything for our problem.

(1) I have been unable to reproduce the hanging behaviour using the
sshtester.pl script. The kernel no longer complains about the socket
buffer thing.

(2) Darcs with --ssh-cm does not hang.

(3) Darcs with "ControlMaster auto" in ~/.ssh/config doesn't work,
failing with "(scp) failed to fetch: .../_darcs/inventory". I wish it
could be more specific.

Here's the strange part. Darcs with --ssh-cm has absolutely no effect.
Darcs seems to be passing the right flags to ssh and scp, but it's
spawning a new ssh for every file it's copying, so a single "pull" is
still making tons of separate connections to the server.

Could a bug have snuck into the fix that inverted the ssh-cm default,
so that it's no longer caching the main SSH connection?

Alexander.