List:       darcs-devel
Subject:    Re: [darcs-devel] Running darcs in GHCi
From:       "Zachary P. Landau" <kapheine () divineinvasion ! net>
Date:       2007-02-10 15:19:34

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

> On my system (MacOSX-ppc) it's also necessary to add a compiler flag
> to modify some bizarre behavior of Apple's gcc port. Adding CFLAGS='-
> mmacosx-version-min=10.4' when running ./configure will transform
> some symbols from _snprintf$LDBLStub (which statically-links OK, but
> breaks ghci's dynamic linking) into _snprintf$LDBL128 (which works
> fine either statically or dynamically).
>
> After configuring with that flag added, I run 'make' to produce .o
> files for all the C modules (as well as the Haskell modules, of
> course... ghci seems happy to use them) and then
>
>    ghci -cpp  -I. -DHAVE_CURSES -DHAVE_CURL  -package parsec -optl-
> lcurl -optl-lssl -optl-lcrypto -optl-lz -optl-lcurses  darcs.lhs
> maybe_relink.o atomic_create.o hscurl.o umask.o c_compat.o fpstring.o
>
> will load everything into ghci and leave you at the *Main> prompt.

This worked perfectly for me (in Linux, for the record).  Thanks a lot,
this is certainly faster than building it every time.  I updated with
the wiki page with your updated ghci options and the note about MacOSX
here: http://darcs.net/DarcsWiki/DeveloperTips.

--
Zachary P. Landau <kapheine@divineinvasion.net>
GPG: gpg --recv-key 0xC9F82052 | http://divineinvasion.net/kapheine.asc