List:       darcs-devel
Subject:    Re: [darcs-devel] darcs patch: use System.Process on Windows,
From:       Tommy Pettersson <ptp () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2006-11-30 15:23:22

I've reviewed and tested these patches on linux with ghc 6.4.

| Wed Nov 29 17:01:44 CET 2006  Simon Marlow <simonmar@microsoft.com>
|   * add explicit import list

| Wed Nov 29 17:03:42 CET 2006  Simon Marlow <simonmar@microsoft.com>
|   * hFlush after "waiting for lock" message

| Wed Nov 29 17:06:20 CET 2006  Simon Marlow <simonmar@microsoft.com>
|   * catch exceptions in stdout_is_a_pipe

These three looks good and works fine.

| Wed Nov 29 17:07:10 CET 2006  Simon Marlow <simonmar@microsoft.com>
|   * Use System.Process on Windows

This one I couldn't compile, but the following changes fixed it:

  hunk ./Exec.lhs 25
  -import System.Exit      ( ExitCode )
  +import System.Exit      ( ExitCode(..) )
  hunk ./Exec.lhs 39
  -import System
  +import System.IO ( stdin )
  +import Control.Exception ( bracket )

I can not test this patch since it's windows only, but I tried
to compile with #define WIN32, and got:

  Exec.lhs:33:27: Module `Control.Exception' does not export `bracketOnError'

Don't know if that's important, but I thought I'd mention it.

It conflicts in darcs-unstable with (at least) the patch:

  Sat Oct  7 00:26:30 CEST 2006  Magnus Jonsson <magnus@smartelectronix.com>
    * Added rigorous error checking in exec

I have (temp) patches that fixes the imports for unix and merges
with unstable, that I can clean up and send if this patch will
be accepted.

--
Tommy Pettersson <ptp@lysator.liu.se>