List:       darcs-devel
Subject:    [darcs-devel] 1.04rc2 silent data corruption bug: duplicate lines
From:       Mark Stosberg <mark () summersault ! com>
Date:       2005-10-21 17:36:25

Hello,

I just tried a "pull" with darcs 1.0.3, and it failed it some way
that produced a ton of patch data dumped to the screen. (So much in fact
that I couldn't scroll back to see what the actual error was).

I switched to a 1.0.4rc2 binary, and it completed the pull without an
error. However, Several files had duplicate lines them, effectively
corrupting the result.

Thankfully, I was able to unpull back to my pre-launch tag. ( Actually,
I could only unpull with 1.0.4rc2, the 1.0.3 binary complained it
couldn't apply the inverse patch. )

I have saved copies of the two repos just before the pull, and could
possibly share that with developers.

I just wanted to give you a heads-up as a new release is planned
soon, and am also curious if there are initial guesses what would cause
the duplicate line issue.

As a workaround, I'm going to try re-recording several of the patches
into one larger patch, and see if that helps.

    Mark