List:       darcs-conflicts
Subject:    Re: [darcs-conflicts] New theory?
From:       Taral <taralx () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-10-14 15:28:54

On 10/14/05, David Roundy <droundy@abridgegame.org> wrote:
> I'm afraid what you've described is just the infant stages of conflictors.
>
> X a b = [a,;,b]
> Y a b = inv[b,;,a]

I talked with Igloo on this on IRC... he said the same thing. The key
difference appears to be the state encoding idea. Conflictors use
patch sequences to encode the original state to which the conflicting
patch was applicable. I'm trying to find a simpler way to do that.
I'll post more when I have it -- most of my stuff now appears to be
venturing into graph theory.

--
Taral <taralx@gmail.com>
"Computer science is no more about computers than astronomy is about