List:       dailydave
Subject:    [Dailydave] 44CON London CFP Open
From:       Steve <steve () 44con ! com>
Date:       2015-05-13 15:48:35

44CON London is the UK's largest combined annual Security Conference and Training \
event. Taking place on the evening of the 9th and all day on the 10th and 11th of \
September at the ILEC Conference Centre near Earls Court, London, we will have a \
fully dedicated conference facility, including secure wi-fi with high bandwidth \
Internet access, catering, private bar and daily Gin O’Clock break.

                    _____        _____         _____
 __   _  __   _  __|___  |__  __|__   |__  ___|   _ |__
> > _| ||  |_| ||   |__     ||     |     ||     \| |   |
'----__|'----__||______|  __|\_____/   __||__/\____| __|
                   |_____|      |_____|       |_____|

  Taking the fifth out of | 9th - 11th September 2015
security snake oil vendors | ILEC Conference Centre, London

         -=- London's Premier Security Event -=-

]-- 44CON London 2015 Call For Papers

Site: http://44con.com/
Full CFP info: http://44con.com/cfp2015/
CFP Registration: https://cfp.44con.com/
Tickets *available now*: http://shop.44con.com/

44CON London will comprise of two main presentation tracks, one workshop track. The \
Hidden track is run under the Chatham House Rule and we’re not going to tell you \
about that but you can submit suitable talks for it.

Technical and Infosec Professional presentations & workshops will be accepted. \
Presentations are 45 minutes long with 5 minutes for Q&A. Workshops are of flexible \
length with a minimum of 60 minutes including setup/breakdown time.

* A presentation on the main tracks is in front of a seated audience.
* A presentation on the Mixed/Workshop track can be more interactive/informal and is \
                with a smaller audience.
* A Workshop is like a mini training course - e.g. take a single executable and show \
a walkthrough on IDA Pro. Follow through a scenario based workshop e.g an incident \
response from a management and technical view with the audience etc.

This is NOT a call for training. Training takes place the 7th/8th/9th/14th/15th \
September and details of the 2015 training courses are due to be announced shortly.

]-- Submissions

Submissions should be sent via the CFP website https://cfp.44con.com/ which has been \
available for entries from the 23rd March 2015. Submissions sent via email will not \
be accepted.

In particular, we are looking for original talks of the highest quality in the \
following (but not exclusive) areas:

* Offensive and Defensive Technologies and Techniques
* Bugs and Reverse Engineering (finding and fixing)
* Incident Handling, Forensics and Anti-Forensics
* Cloud Computing and Virtualisation Security
* Owning the Enterprise
* Online Economy
* Internet of Things
* Client Side Security
* Embedded/Hardware Hacking
* Application Security (including mobile and embedded)
* Networking and Comms
* Critical National Infrastructure (CNI)
* Layer 8 - Humans

Note: this is not an exhaustive list. If you have a good talk proposal, please let us \
know.

Priority is generally given to new presentations over those presented elsewhere. If \
you have a presentation that you have or will give elsewhere prior to 44CON London \
and wish to submit, please let us know in your submission, and inform us of the \
changes you intend to make for 44CON London.

If your talk or workshop is new, please let us know the details of other \
conference(s) to which you have or intend to submit.

New talks tend to score higher than repeat talks in the CFP review stage but this is \
not a hard and fast rule. If you plan to repeat a talk less than 6 months after 44CON \
London, please let us know.

]-- Selection Committee

There are 15 reviewers in total on the committee, the following have chosen to be \
recognised:

- Nick Barron (former Columnist, SC Magazine UK)
- Phil Huggins (VP Stroz Friedberg)
- Andrew Cunnington (BAT)
- Steve Lord (legit_driver.sys, your laptop)

]-- Speaker Privileges

Speakers at 44CON London will be entitled to the following:

* Paid travel (for the main presenter only if more than one)
* 2-3 nights accommodation (see below)
* Breakfast & Lunch during conference
* Pre & Post Conference Party Invite
* Exclusive 44CON London apparel
* Love and TLC from our awesome™ speaker ops team
* Press Access (for those that want it)
* Fun and Frolics (and good coffee and some alcohol if you want it)

We welcome speakers of all genders, origins and physical abilities. If you have any \
particular requirements please let us know so we can accommodate them. Talks are to \
be delivered in English, only. Partners are welcome to come along and we’re happy to \
help arrange for tourist things for you and your partners to do while in London - \
Please let us know should you want to do this.

]-- Summary of Speaker / Presenter Privileges

Accepted primary presentation speakers get the following:

* Event access for both days and the pre/post event parties.
* 2 nights of accommodation for the main presenter (normally the Wednesday and \
                Thursday nights).
* We will pay for your flight / train.

Accepted primary presentation speakers with a workshop get the following:

* Event access for both days and the pre/post event parties.
* 3 nights of accommodation for the main presenter (Wednesday/Thursday/Friday).
* We will pay for your flight / train.

Accepted workshop facilitators without an accompanying presentation get the \
following:

* Event access for both days and the pre/post event parties.
* No accommodation nor travel is covered.

In 2014 we flew speakers from Finland, Canada, Japan, Germany, the USA and more.

]-- Submissions process

Submit your CFP response at the CFP Site https://cfp.44con.com/. Submissions must be \
in English only.

Please do not email submissions - they will not be accepted.

If you are submitting a workshop proposal, please provide details of attendee \
requirements such as minimum technical knowledge, hardware/software required etc.

]-- Important dates

* CFP Opens Monday 23rd March
* For entry into the first round selection submit by 23:59 UTC 6th June
* First Selection round announced Monday 15th June
* Final CFP Deadline: Sunday 5th July, 23:59 UTC
* Final Speaker announcements: Monday 20th July
* Speaker flight details to be submitted by 28th August
* Papers/Tools/Presentation Submission Deadline: Friday 4th September
* 44CON London Training: 7th/8th/9th/14th/15th September
* 44CON London Conference: 9th, 10th and 11th September

]-- Other Information

To find out more about 44CON London visit http://44con.com/, follow us on twitter \
@44con, or use the #44con hashtag and take part in the discussion on Twitter.

Tickets are available now from the main web site at http://shop.44con.com/. For an \
idea of what to expect, watch some videos from previous 44CON Events at \
https://vimeo.com/44con.

By agreeing to speak at 44CON London you are granting Sense/Net Ltd (owners of 44CON \
London) the rights to reproduce and distribute your presentation and recording \
(unless otherwise agreed in writing in advance of the event) including but not \
limited to http://44con.com/, advertisements in various mediums and through partner \
sites and mediums. If you are not comfortable with this arrangement then this must be \
agreed with us in writing prior to the event.

It is imperative that, once you have agreed to speak at 44CON London, you regularly \
monitor your nominated e-mail account, so that we can complete the necessary \
supporting activities such as booking flights, accommodation etc. Failure to to take \
reasonable steps to support us in minimising costs in these areas may result in your \
talk being withdrawn.

We provide professionally produced videos of 44CON London presentations for attendees \
to purchase on our streaming site at https://vimeo.com/44con/vod_pages. Please advise \
us as early as possible in advance of the conference if your presentation cannot be \
recorded for any reason.

Signal 11 received; Segmentation fault
# rm -rf /*