List:       dailydave
Subject:    Re: [Dailydave] Lightning Demo: safari_parentstylesheet
From:       Jeffrey Walton <noloader () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-01-25 3:58:43

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 4:45 PM, Alex McGeorge <alexm@immunityinc.com> wrote:
> List,
>
> Have you ever been around other security people and someone starts
> yammering on about the ascendant nature of OSX, specifically with
> regards to its security? Well, for this CANVAS Lightning Demo, we're
> going to look at an unpatched (but public) bug that affects the latest
> version of Safari and the CANVAS exploit currently available to CEU
> customers. ...

Not popular among Apple die-hards, but:

"Apple software the most insecure: Secunia"
- http://www.examiner.com/technology-in-national/apple-software-the-most-insecure-secunia

"Apple the new world leader in software insecurity"
- http://arstechnica.com/security/news/2010/07/apple-the-new-world-leader-in-software-insecurity.ars

"Apple has the most insecure software in the world"
- http://www.techeye.net/security/apple-has-the-most-insecure-software-in-the-world

In an effort to suppress the [potential] war, the problems cited are
not with Mac OS X. The issues appear to be present with other Apple
software.

> [SNIP]

Jeff