List:       dailydave
Subject:    Re: [Dailydave] Google Chrome Browser Flaw
From:       Rishi Narang <psy.echo () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-09-03 19:51:17

Hi,

"Time" can definitely plays a major role.  There was a collision that occurred due to \
the fact that I took time to find the real break point in the code, search for a \
template and to publish at EvilFingers site before sending it to Google and other \
bugtraqs.

Even though I had the vulnerability 4 hrs well before the real publication of the bug \
and had the exploit along with the some crash details like "int 3" Kernel \
Exception/Trap @ 0x01002FF3, different attack cases, exceptions of http/ftp and \
further debug logs; there was this bug published (though without the details of \
possible cases, exceptions and mouse hover techniques) couple of hours before I \
released it out at EvilFingers.

So, I would like to convey due credit to Mr. JanDeMooij as well for his posting the \
bug on http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=122, and thanks to Mr. \
Brennan for contacting me about the same.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Rishi Narang | Security Researcher

... eschew obfuscation, espouse elucidation.