List:       dailydave
Subject:    Re: [Dailydave] A growing darkness
From:       "Robert Holgstad" <rholgstad () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-08-14 23:27:10

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

http://packetstormsecurity.nl/UNIX/penetration/rootkits/mood-nt_2.3.tgz

this is a rk for linux that uses it now..
halfdeads article in the last phrack also explains the idea also.

other question: how does your rootkit enter the kernel (I am guessing this
is the loader part?) I am sure you have seen by now that in 2.6.26 -stable
they have limited access to /dev/mem to bios, pci, and non-ram address for
hardware, and completely killed kmem which kills many peoples rk research.