List:       dailydave
Subject:    RE: [Dailydave] Fonts of fun, buckets of bugs
From:       "Brett Moore" <brett.moore () security-assessment ! com>
Date:       2006-01-11 23:02:38

Hey Guys.

Yeah it's a strange feeling when a vuln is released that you have been
working on.
Twice I've had the experience of discovering that someone else has found the
same
bug as myself. Once was reported to MS 2-3 days before I reported it.
(at first I thought spies in the midst, but that soon gave way to my normal
paranoia)

But instances like this definitely back up the statements around how vulns
are not
known untill patches are released, and the real world scenario of 0day bugs.

I think that this is going to more often as time goes by, for various
reasons such
as the fact that there is more information around vuln syntax, and more
people are
capable of identifying (and actively looking for) vulnerabilities.

Brett