List:       dailydave
Subject:    RE: [Dailydave] Snorty snort snort
From:       "Aleksander P. Czarnowski" <alekc () avet ! com ! pl>
Date:       2005-10-19 22:21:24

I'm sorry but either I didn't understand your message our you haven't followed post on this topic. My main concern was the problem for detecting such vulnerabilities in a safe way by using a vulnerability scanner so YOU as a GOOD guy could run it, detect vulnerability and patch it before the BAD guys would exploit it. I hope now this is clear... producing exploit is one of the methods for risk assessment and vulnerability impact on system, period.

BTW: shouldn't you send this question to vendors that provide such appliances?

Regards,
Aleksander Czarnowski
AVET INS