List:       cyrus-sasl
Subject:    Re: Problem using saslauthd and LDAP
From:       Guillaume Rousse <rousse () ccr ! jussieu ! fr>
Date:       2004-05-29 9:24:29

Igor Brezac wrote:
> On Fri, 28 May 2004, Guillaume Rousse wrote:
>

>>Hello.
>>
>>I'm running troubles using saslauthd and LDAP. I can autenticate against
>>the default userPassword attribute, but I'm trying to autenticate
>>against the clearPassword attribute instead, to use the same password as
>>courier-imap. Reading the doc, I'm not sure if just using a
>>ldap_password_attr option is enoguh, or if I have to specify also
>>another bind method or something else. Any help appreciated.
>

> This only works with ldap_auth_method: custom.  (Default is 'bind')
OK, thanks. The documentation could get reworked a bit then, as it seems
to implis the custom method is the only one where password attribute can
not get changed:

The custom method uses userPassword attribute to verify the password.
Suppored hashes: crypt, md5, smd5, sha and ssha.  Cleartext is supported
as well.
--
Trying to encapsulate your world of personal computing into an 8 1/2 x
11 notebook computer is like attending a special seminar at Murphy's