List:       cyrus-sasl
Subject:    Re: Migrating sasldb to new server and sasl1->sasl2
From:       "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas () raad ! tartu ! ee>
Date:       2004-05-21 5:53:32

Hi!

Just a little while ago, I wrote

> 1. Is there any way I can move my Cyrus IMAPD to the new server in
> such a way that IMAP usernames and passwords are preserved?

Seems to be. All it took was to figure out that 'Hash, version 7,
native byte-order' meant that my original sasldb file on old server is
in db3 format. So I built sasl2 with db3 support on the new server and
voila - dbconverter-2 worked and sasldblistusers2 seems to give
meaningful output. Haven't tried to log in to IMAPD yet, because
migrating the mailboxes and configuration is a task I won't tackle
before I get some sleep ;-)

I didn't remember having built sasl with db3 support on the old server,
but apparently I must have.
--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure.