List:       cyrus-info
Subject:    Multi-master replication (was: Re: Cyrus IMAP 3.4.0 released)
From:       Nels Lindquist <nlindq () maei ! ca>
Date:       2023-05-19 21:12:41

On 2020-12-14 2:05 AM, Bron Gondwana wrote:
 > It's almost all good, the main problem is split brain recovery when you
 > delete or rename folders - it could wind up reverting the change if a
 > 'sync user' gets triggered by the other end.
 >
 > The last piece of the puzzle (yeah, 10 years later!) is going to be
 > having proper tombstone records in the mailboxes.db including name
 > history for each mailbox, so that we know whether a mailbox has been
 > added or deleted.  The mailboxes-by-uuid work, which should be landing
 > on master early next year, is going to add that.

Now that (as of 3.6.0) even mail storage is organized by UUID, it seems
more likely than not that multi-master replication is at least extremely
close.

I don't recall seeing any follow-ups from those who were intending to
test 3.4.x.

Having never worked with Cassandane, would it be possible to build a
test suite to validate multi-master replication functionality? If so,
what would that look like?

--
Nels Lindquist
nlindq@maei.ca