List:       cyrus-info
Subject:    Re: Need help with collateral damage after migrating from 2.5.10 to 3.0.13 on Ubuntu
From:       Michael Menge <michael.menge () zdv ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       2021-09-10 13:04:35

Quoting Kővári János <bsh@freemail.hu>:

> 2021.09.10. 13:43 keltezéssel, Michael Menge írta:
>

>> If you prepend an option in imapd.conf with the servicename_ you
>> can change the option only for that specific service.
>>
>> As your username is in imap_admins, it is still an admin for the
>> servise "imap" (the remote connection)   but not for the other
>> services (your local connection)
> so I can define like: imap_admins and imaps_admins?didn't know that.
> What's the point in that?

- define a service "localimap" that only lists to a private network
   and set "localimap_allowplaintext: 1" to allow cleartext passwords
without TLS/SSL encryption layer

- define multiple services listening on different IPs to use different
certificates

- define a service on a different ip/port with an "special" admin
account, that can be used
   by a webadmin tool, but that has no admin access, if an attacker
tried using it from other
   systems

Michael Menge                          Tel.: (49) 7071 / 29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071 / 29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge@zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen