List:       cyrus-info
Subject:    Re: Upgrade cyrus 2.4.17 to 2.4.18 on Ubuntu
From:       "ellie timoney" <ellie () fastmail ! com>
Date:       2019-03-26 1:08:25

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019, at 6:50 AM, Patrick Goetz wrote:
> I believe the version number change (incremental change to stable
> release) indicates you shouldn't have any problems, but of course shut
> down the service while it's being updated.

Yep, no major changes within a single x.y series.  Of course, read the release notes \
(they're on the website), they will tell you anything special you need to be aware \
of.

> I thought Debian was the one distro the cyrus crew provided up-to-date
> packages for?  See for example here:

We don't directly provide any distro packages, but the maintainers of the cyrus \
packages for Debian and Fedora are doing a great job.  We don't hear directly from \
other distros much, but I guess that's because most other distros leverage Debian \
and/or Fedora's work?

Most of us cyrus developers are running Debian on our own systems, and FastMail's \
servers run Debian, so even without an official package, a source build on Debian \
will generally just work (but then you have to choose/configure features/dependencies \
yourself, of course...).

Cheers,

ellie
----