List:       cyrus-info
Subject:    Re: unsubscribe
From:       Bron Gondwana <brong () fastmail ! fm>
Date:       2012-05-21 14:33:06

On Mon, May 21, 2012, at 02:27 PM, Ian Eiloart wrote:
> > Short of reaching down through the screen and physically punching you in
> > the face, I can't see how in particular we are supposed to account for the
> > deficiencies of the client you choose to use.
>
> Thanks for your considered contribution. It's nice to know we're in such good \
> company on this list.

No worries.  I realise the law is often an ass

> It's the law in the EU. There's an amazingly good reason for it. It's best if email \
> professionals understand (a) the law, and (b) what is meant by "easy to use" with \
> respect to email.

There is.  And I would love to see you stand up in a court of law
and explain why you thought this mailing list was breaking it.

Bron ( P.S. [citation needed]  Please point to a legal opinion which is not your
       own which states that a standards compliant List-Unsubscribe header is not
       sufficient.  Bonus points if it's been tested in court )
--
  Bron Gondwana
  brong@fastmail.fm

----