List:       cyrus-devel
Subject:    Re: Notes - Nov 26 2018
From:       Anatoli <me () anatoli ! ws>
Date:       2018-11-27 13:11:57

Got it, thanks for the explanation!

*From:* Robert Stepanek
*Sent:* Tuesday, November 27, 2018 10:05
*To:* Cyrus Devel

Hi Anatoli,

no, what I am working is rather the opposite: the current implementation
uses exclusive locks on mailboxes where it could do away with a shared
read-only lock. That's because the  Cyrus DB API currently does not
support shared locks.

We want to reduce latency of  requests, and that's what I am optimizing
for. The work only touches the twoskip backend and is only for certain
hot-paths in the code.

Cheers,
Robert