List:       cyrus-devel
Subject:    please let me know if you see "release" weirdness on cyrus-imapd github
From:       ellie timoney <ellie () fastmail ! com>
Date:       2018-07-27 4:23:43

Hi,

I've just attached the real release files from the 3.0.7 release (from 18th of May) \
to the GitHub "release" tag for it, as an experiment to see what happens: \
https://github.com/cyrusimap/cyrus-imapd/releases

So far I can see that it's now listing it as the "latest release" (correct) "3 \
minutes ago" (doh).  My plan was to upload all the binaries I've got from our \
previous releases, but I don't want it mislabelling some old release as the "latest \
release" based on when I uploaded it (as opposed to the timestamp on the tagged \
commit).  So I'll wait until I've done a real new release, and then upload all the \
retroactive stuff, and then finish off by uploading the real newest release last.

The two cyrus-imapd-3.0.7.tar.gz and cyrus-imapd-3.0.7.tar.gz.sig it shows are the \
real release files, and the "Source Code" ones are just the usual zips of the raw git \
source (i.e. not actually packaged).

If this turns out to be workable, "upload to GitHub" will probably end up being our \
new release channel once the CMU server goes away.  So in the meantime, if you notice \
any strangeness in your interactions with the repo, either via web or git, please let \
me know!

Thanks :)

ellie