List:       cypherpunks
Subject:    Re: Geeks, nerds, dweebs, niggers, and fags
From:       Anonymous <nobody () replay ! com>
Date:       1998-06-30 5:27:01

On Mon, 29 Jun 1998, Tim May wrote:

> Yeah, Ellen (or is it just "ellen"?) is a geek who understands that niggers
> and micks need to reclaim the words that used to insult them. Nerds like
> ellen have been immersed in the liberal agenda so thoroughly that they
> don't even see just how "geeky" their points are. From fags to kikes,
> anyone can be a dweeb.
>
> What a geek.

It depends on the intent with which it is said and the reaction the person
has. If somebody calls me a "geek," I might take it as a compliment just
to spite them. However, I'm not going to turn around and go "Yo, geek-o!"
but get pissed when a "non-geek" calls me "geek-o."

If you call yourselves "niggas," "hoes," or "fags," then don't get mad
when other people call you "niggas," "hoes," or "fags." Maybe take
exception to their overall attitude, but not to the fact that they're
imitating you.

I finally got to the point where I just laugh at somebody who tries to
call me "nerd" or "geek" with the intent of insulting me. The reason is
that usually the people who scream "nerd," "geek," "dweeb," "bookworm,"
and those kinds of things usually are complete jokes in and of themselves.