List:       cypherpunks
Subject:    Programming the serial port... (fwd)
From:       Jim Choate <ravage () einstein ! ssz ! com>
Date:       1998-06-30 3:33:40

Forwarded message:
>From ravage@ssz.com Mon Jun 29 22:32:41 1998
From: Jim Choate <ravage@ssz.com>
Subject: Programming the serial port...
To: users@ssz.com (SSZ User Mail List)
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 22:32:32 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: friends@ssz.com (Ravage's Friends),
        tesla@ssz.com (Experimental Instrumentation),
        ace@ssz.com (Advanced Computer Experimentation), stugreen@realtime.net,
        wwalker@tivoli.com

Hi,

I thought I'd pass along a book that I bought after seeing it in a couple of
the programming magazines. It is:

Programming the Parallel Port: Interfacing the PC for data aquisition and
                               process control
D.V. Gadre
ISBN 0-87930-513-4
$45 US

The books covers a plethora of applications for programming the parallel
port on x86 based machines under dos/windows. It also includes a chapter
about how to use the parallel port under Linux. The book includes a disk
which contains the software in the book including the driver for Linux.

if you ever wished you had a 'geek port' on your machine dream no more...

                         To understand is to invent

                                       Jean Piaget

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage@ssz.com